|S/S wine glass from thrift store.|
|Flame tube mock-up.|
36 - 0.09375 holes = 0.24837890625 = 32%
12 - 0.125 holes =0.151875 = 19%
10 - 0.21875 holes = 0.3756347665625 = 48%
The total is 99% of the flame tubes flow.
I then proceeded to make the flame tube out of 0.875 S/S tube and capping the end. Once finished I cut the stem end off the wine glass leaving a 0.875 hole for the flame tube to be installed. And then welded the flame tube into the opening and drilled a 0.25" hole for the fuel tube in the capped end. I then began work on the fan side. Taking a S/S chutney dish from the dollar store I removed the bottom and welded the dish over the open end of the wine glass. To create a thermal break I used High Temp Copper Silicone to attach the fan mount tube inside of the chutney dish.
|Finished Fan Jet|
I have run the engine on butane and 5-12v dc and it produces enough thrust to move itself . I then made a smaller nozzle out of a vinegar dispenser lid and it increased the thrust a little. I did at that point start to make a thrust augmenter but never finished it. Maybe some day I will build something with the engine.