Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

3D view of modular printable airplane

I have spent the best part of the last month learning Blender and 3D modelling. And I feel as if I have reached the point where I can move on to the next aspect of 3D printing.On the software side of it, I still have to learn the slicing software and decide which one of the three (RepSnapper, RepRaps Software, or Skeinforge) I will use. I've installed all three on my laptop and run all of them, Repsnapper seems the cleanest and easiest but does not seem to slice as well as the RepRap software. Skeinforge on the other hand sounds to be what everyone is using but after opening it 10 times I still have no idea how to use it. It almost seems alien in its layout and wording. If anyone can point me in the right direction on which one to use and how to use it (maybe a link to a tutorial) , I would be grateful.

On the hardware side of it I am still waiting for parts.

3 comments:

  1. try using the replicatorg front end as a starting point, it may help diambuguate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I downloaded it 5 minutes before I saw your comment and so far it seems good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.bitsfrombytes.com/wiki/index.php?title=Skeinforge

    ReplyDelete