Friday, February 17, 2012

First signs of life

It's late so I will make this short. The motors arrived today and I spent the evening wiring Tantillus up with the R.A.M.P.S. 1.2 from my RepStrap Huxley. The gears on the X and Y are a little noisy because of the textured surface of the prints but I believe they will quite down as soon as they wear in a little more. The video is of test routine I wrote to break in the gears a little and is running at 150mm/s. I ran it for about 10 minutes before I got bored and tired. The only issue I found while trying to print was the fact I printed the carriage in PLA and have no cooling on the hotend. I will be redesigning it and print it out of ABS. Stay tuned for more details.

1 comment:

  1. This is very exciting, like others have said I was considering printing a Printrbot for my second printer but now this little guy is at the top of my list; can't wait to see the plans!